Friday, September 6, 2013

Tri Hard Training: Tri Hard Dave's tips to lose weight

Just back from my Friday morning run around Preston Park - about 6km in distance but stopping every km to do exercises - 10 reps of the following: push ups, dips, thrusts, squats, and step-ups. On 2 sections of the circuit I pick up the tempo so I break into a bit of a sweat but generally it is a relatively easy workout aimed to build in a little bit of strength work.


My tendon pains are definitely easing although I still felt some slight discomfort for the first 1km of the run - still more strengthening to be done before I can up the distance and speed. As a result of the continuing problem I have decided not to enter the tricky Barns Green half-marathon in late September - so my 2012 PB will stand for another year.



I highlighted in my previous post that I had put on a bit of weight over my summer holiday. I shouldn't feel too guilty, I thoroughly enjoyed the time with the family and it was great to focus on other things than just training and working. However, I was quite surprised to see how quickly the weight can be put on. Over a fortnight I gained 6 pounds!



I have already lost a couple of that just getting back to my normal routine but in order to return to my fighting weight (under 12 stone) I need a bit of a plan.



I have listed below my top 10 tips for weight loss - well they have worked for me in the past.



Next week I will update you with my progress.



Have a great weekend.




10 ideas - lose weight


1. Reduce sugars (no sweets, cakes, biscuits etc.)



2. Reduce bread - limit to 1-2 pieces a bread a day



3. More salads and healthy foods, i.e. fish, pulses, vegetables, fruits - smaller portions but eat more regularly - don't starve yourself



4. Green smoothie for breakfast



5. Clean teeth whenever graving for food - sometimes it is habit driven rather than hunger



6. Drink lots of water - some people confuse hunger with thirst



7. Limit alcohol - weekends only



8. Exercise - long easy fat burning runs. More frequent training 2-3x a day - keep the metabolism firing



9. Take Thermobol (Maximuscle fat loss product) - I am not really into supplements but I have found this product (mostly natural ingredients / herbal extracts) to help. I only take one tablet in the morning rather than the prescribed 3 a day, simply because the caffeine is so high it would probably send me a bit loopy!



10. Limit TV and sitting around - plenty of activity - MOVE!!








exercises to lose weight

No comments:

Post a Comment